DEAN TECH FINANCIAL AID PAGE
- Financial Aid Director
Get an approximate cost for school with our NET PRICE CALCULATOR
Apply free for Federal Grants, State Grants, and loans online www.fafsa.ed.gov
Dean Institute of Technology school code for FAFSA form is 009186 or 00918600.
TECH MAKES ELIGIBILITY LIST FOR
THE PITTSBURGH PROMISE
Who gets federal student aid?
Eligibility for federal student aid programs is based on financial need and several other factors. Your eligibility is determined by the information you provide on the FAFSA.
Basic eligibility requirements:
• Demonstrate financial need.
• Be a
• Be working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program.
• Show, by one of the following means, that you’re qualified to obtain a postsecondary education:
• Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate.
• Meet other standards your state establishes that we have approved.
• Complete a high school education in a home school setting approved under state law.
• Register (if you haven’t already) with the Selective Service, if you’re a male between the ages of 18 and 25. *
• Maintain satisfactory academic progress once in school.
* Not sure if you are already registered with Selective Service, click here for verification
Some additional Financial Aid Links
Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency - www.pheaa.org
The Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency helps to create access to education for
Use this link to get PDF copies of available publications. Our core mission is to ensure that all eligible Americans benefit from federal financial assistance— grants, loans and work-study programs—for education beyond high school. The programs we administer comprise the nation’s largest source of student aid: during the 2004-05 school year alone, we provided approximately $74 billion in new aid to nearly 10 million postsecondary students and their families. Our staff of 1,100 is based in 10 cities in addition to our
These agencies provide information on state education programs, colleges and universities, student aid assistance programs, grants, scholarships, continuing education programs, career opportunities, and some guaranty agencies.
National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) - www.nslds.ed.gov
Our database for federal student aid - you can find out about the aid you've already received. (If you've only just applied for aid, you won't find any information on NSLDS yet). NSLDS receives data from schools, agencies that guarantee loans, and U.S. Department of Education programs. By using you personal PIN, you can get information on federal loan or grant amounts, outstanding balances, the status of your loans, and disbursements made.
If you (or your spouse) are a veteran or you are the dependent of a veteran, veteran's educational benefits may be available.
In a nation where opportunity is open to all,
education can be your most important first step.
Education creates opportunities.
No qualified student should be denied an education because the cost is too high.
So, if you’re considering education beyond high school and wondering how you will pay?
There’s money available—but you need to apply to be eligible.